Wednesday, July 18, 2012

We Struck Gold!



How does one begin a post to let the world know that their child has been granted the gift of life? It is with a very full heart and tears of joy that I would like to announce to the world that Savannah has landed upon the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! 

I cannot find adequate words to describe how happy we are right now! As some of you know, I called our insurance company on Friday and got a real human being on the phone in the appeals department. He listened patiently to my plea for help and asked me to fax Savannah’s new data to him. I had a good feeling inside, but I didn’t want to get my hopes up too high. Today I got a call from the same pharmacist I spoke to on Friday. He delivered the wonderful news that Kalydeco has been approved for Savannah through October of this year! What a difference one person can make! With positive results in October, it should be approved ongoing.

Savannah is not out of the woods yet. She has a long road ahead of her, but a road full of hope. She will continue to be on breathing treatments daily and take many of the meds that are currently prescribed for her. Our hope, however, is that she will show the same great improvement (or better) than she did back in April and get her lung function up to levels we haven't seen in a very long time.

To those who contributed to Savannah's medical trust fund, thank you very much! The funds can legally only be used for Savannah's medical assistance and will be kept safely for her should a need like this one arise in the future.

If you haven’t seen this video before, please take time to watch it at least once. It says what I can’t. Please continue to follow us and watch a miracle unfold as Savannah gets Kalydeco back in her life. Thanks to each and every one of you for your support. It means more than you will ever know!

Dream big and never give up because…somewhere over the rainbow, dreams really do come true! 

No comments:

Post a Comment